Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blogging

This is my homework assignment for The Business of Writing class I'm enrolled in. I write because I write. For me it's a joy and a challenge, but not enough. The writer in me seeks confirmation and ego stroking. I want my work published, read and adored by the public- every writer does.

This blog is a first step.

At a deep level I am a hermit. I don't get this social networking stuff. I don't see the social capital of having high numbers of Facebook friends, or having this blog read by every thinking human on the planet. I just don't get it.

But if it gets my manuscript to the printing press, so be it.

1 comment:

  1. A good first step, James. I consider my novel a good book, but if readers don't hear aboput it, how will I stand out in a crowded field? That's what a platform is about. Keep up the good work. Linda Clare, Instructor Lane Community College
    Visit my blog: Godsonggrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete